Sony has confirmed theAndroid 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwichupdate for theXperia Sis on its way. The flagship handset has been running on Android 2.3, with Sony’s own Timescape skin overlayed, since it appeared back in March. Over the next few weeks, users will be able to get not just the new OS upgrade, but also some new home grown apps from Sony’s own stable.
With the new OS running on the handset, Xperia users will see improvements in multitasking, settings menus and a new lock screen. There will be the option to resize widgets and have more control over data consumption. Meanwhile, Sony’s own software additions are three new apps called ”Walkman”, “Movies” and “Album”.
Walkman brings in Sony’s own audio technology and allows you to share music with your friends over Facebook. Album is a new way of sorting and arranging your photos – a big selling point of the Xperia S given the excellent camera packed into the phone. The Movies app will, according to Sony, streamline the playback of movies and video in high quality.
The total upgrade package will be around 200MB to download and will be available over the next couple of weeks.
- Samsung Series 7 Gamer Gets a Bright Refresh
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 gets Android 4.1 Jelly Bean update
- Lenovo ThinkPad Edge S430 gets a Price
- HP Pavilion dv6z-7000 with AMD Trinity Gets a User Review
- Intel's Haswell gets massive graphics performance boost
- Seagate unleashes first consumer SSD; enterprise version gets blazing fast 12Gbps SAS connectivity
- Mac OS X Mountain Lion Gets Patched to Version 10.8.1
- Retina MacBook mysteriously gets Gold EPEAT rating
- MacBooks get an update, Mountain Lion gets a ship date
- Lenovo ThinkPad T431s Gets a Price, more Details
Leave a Reply