Microsoft has quietly reduced the price of Windows 8Pro to £45 in the UK.
With no announcement, Microsoft has slashed the price of its Windows 8 Prooperating system. It now costs £44.99 to upgrade to the more advanced version instead of the previous price of £190 inc VAT.See also:How to upgrade to Windows 8
In bizarre circumstances, this means that users can get hold of Windows 8 Pro for less than the regular version of Windows 8 which costs £99 from Microsoft’swebsite. It’s also cheaper than upgrading to Pro for those already on Windows 8 which also costs £99.
Microsoft has made no comment or announcement on the changes. TheSurface Protablet makerramped up the price of Windows 8 at the beginning of Februaryafter its upgrade offer ended. The offer allowed users to upgrade for £25.
Microsoft’s online store says “It’s easy – choose from two editions”. Well at these prices it’s more than easy to decide which to go for.
Strangers still is the fact that the price of Windows 8 Pro remains at the increased price of $200 in the US. Users can upgrade to Windows 8 Pro from XP, Vista and all versions of Windows 7 except Enterprise.
Users running the Windows 8 Release Preview and Windows Consumer Preview can also upgrade to full Windows 8 Pro for the £45 price. Be aware that upgrading from these versions completely wipes all applications and personal data from the machine.
Follow Chris Martin and @PCAdvisor on Twitter.
- Dell abandons smartphone market, drops Android for Windows 8
- Acer drops Chromebook price to $199.99
- Windows 8, price drops to accelerate ultrabook growth, Lenovo says
- Apple MacBook Pro with Retina Display Drops to $1,299
- Apple's profit drops 22 percent as iPad sales slow
- Lenovo redesigns ThinkPad, drops weight by a quarter
- Lenovo drops caps lock key in redesign of slim ThinkPad X1 Carbon
- Apple Drops Price on 13” Retina Display MacBook Pro Laptop
- Microsoft to drop price of Windows 8 licenses 70% fr low-end devices, report says
- Microsoft increases roaming limit for Windows apps to 81 devices
Leave a Reply